Built on V-Ray’s core platform of rendering speed, stability, and quality, V-Ray® for Autodesk® Softimage® is an advanced rendering solution for the VFX and animation industries. V-Ray for Softimage includes ICE support, efficient Global Illumination, versatile shaders, and much more.
What's New in V-Ray 3.0 for Softimage?
• New Progressive Production Renderer for interactive and production rendering
• New VRaySkinMtl with layered reflections and artistfriendly controls
• Render Mask to specify render regions using an object selection or image mask
• Deep Image support including OpenEXR 2.0 output
• emFluid 5 is integrated with V-Ray for SI
V-Ray for Softimage Key Features
V-Ray for Softimage offers a rich set of functionalities for fast and efficient rendering and an intuitive approach towards shading and lighting.
ICE support: complex mesh support using V-Ray Proxy objects, versatile shaders with V-Ray materials, quick and accurate global illumination, and much more.
Shading with V-Ray for Softimage: Create materials quickly and efficiently using V-Ray Materials, and simplify the creation of complex, layered materials with the V-Ray Blend and V-Ray Car Paint Materials.
Render Elements: Take control of your compositing workflow using the expansive list of Render Elements.
V-Ray Proxy: Manage scene memory and efficiently render massive amounts of geometry using V-Ray Proxy objects.
Hair & Fur Shading: Render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed with the VRayHairMtl shader.