V-Ray for SketchUp provides designers with faster rendering, better lighting tools, and the ability to create and visualize complex scenes. This designer-friendly rendering solution for SketchUp features dramatic improvements to visualization workflow with V-Ray RT and improved image based lighting quality with the V-Ray Dome Light. V-Ray Proxy allows for easier complex scene management with highly detailed models.
- V-Ray Express: Users can easily access more than 200 materials and interchangeable lighting setups to create realistic studio scenes and illuminate models faster than ever.
*V-Ray Express is available separately from our downloads page.
- Frame Start animation option: You can now render individual frames or ranges of frames, e.g.: 5, 100-110, 200, 352.
- Pack all V-Ray Materials: Archive your V-Ray for SketchUp materials and all external files into a single ZIP for easy sharing and back up.
- Improved support for using V-Ray Frame Buffer Channels.
- Improvements and fixes to the Batch Render tool.
- New and improved product documentation.
V-Ray for SketchUp Key Features
Here are some of the new key features of the V-Ray for SketchUp:
V-Ray RT CPU & GPU - This revolutionary rendering engine streamlines scene setup and provides instant visual feedback directly in SketchUp for quicker design, material, and lighting decisions. It’s fast and seamless to transition between V-Ray RT and production rendering.
Dome Light - Creates simple, artifact-free image-based lighting using importance sampling of HDR images. This technique greatly optimizes light tracing and global illumination precision.
V-Ray Proxy - Manages scene memory and efficiently renders large amounts of geometry to increase detail in complex scenes. V-Ray Proxy objects are dynamically loaded and unloaded at render time, which saves vital RAM resources.